WHAT IS IT WITH MEN?
I just don't get it. I JUST DON'T GET IT. Can a man not EVER be wrong? EVER??? Can he not be wrong and just leave it at that?
"I was wrong and I admit it."
That's all that a "real" man has to say when he is wrong.
However, I'm finding that those "real" men are few and far between. Instead, I'm presented everyday with men who have to qualify their admission of inaccuracy with an explanation of their wrongness.
Here's an example from the most recent admission of wrongness from my co-worker Jim Leach:
I admit it. I was completely wrong about this year's "American Idol" competition. I absolutely misread the public mood. Having temporarily repressed my memories of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, and Rob Schneider, I foolishly allowed myself to believe momentarily that America would prefer a classy, talented, warm and charismatic singer to a goofy flash-in-the-pan novelty act.
I, of course, as a southern lady, a gracious soul, and a kind human being will try very hard not to mention every five minutes that what Jim is truly upset about is the fact that I WAS RIGHT. He just can't say it. HE JUST CAN'T BRING HIMSELF TO SAY THE WORDS, "Pamela, you were right" and leave it at that.
He owes me a four-course lunch at Robert's Seafood. Let's see if he's man enough not to hedge on his bet. Obviously, he'll qualify his losing to me with some sort of wordy mumbo-jumbo. Just don't lose sight of the real truth... JIM WAS WRONG -- and Taylor Hicks is an American Idol.
(oh yeah, and I was right.)
"I was wrong and I admit it."
That's all that a "real" man has to say when he is wrong.
However, I'm finding that those "real" men are few and far between. Instead, I'm presented everyday with men who have to qualify their admission of inaccuracy with an explanation of their wrongness.
Here's an example from the most recent admission of wrongness from my co-worker Jim Leach:
I admit it. I was completely wrong about this year's "American Idol" competition. I absolutely misread the public mood. Having temporarily repressed my memories of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, and Rob Schneider, I foolishly allowed myself to believe momentarily that America would prefer a classy, talented, warm and charismatic singer to a goofy flash-in-the-pan novelty act.
I, of course, as a southern lady, a gracious soul, and a kind human being will try very hard not to mention every five minutes that what Jim is truly upset about is the fact that I WAS RIGHT. He just can't say it. HE JUST CAN'T BRING HIMSELF TO SAY THE WORDS, "Pamela, you were right" and leave it at that.
He owes me a four-course lunch at Robert's Seafood. Let's see if he's man enough not to hedge on his bet. Obviously, he'll qualify his losing to me with some sort of wordy mumbo-jumbo. Just don't lose sight of the real truth... JIM WAS WRONG -- and Taylor Hicks is an American Idol.
(oh yeah, and I was right.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home