Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A GIRL AND HER BALLOON

Okay - let's set the record straight. I DO NOT plan on filing assault charges against Andy Lee of the Molson & Lee show on WMAY.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" you ask.

Well, if you were listening to the show yesterday, you heard about the CRAZY, FREAK-ISH accident that happened Friday afternoon at the Unite to Fight Cancer Cookout at the offices of Roy Mason of Edward Jones.

All the hosts here at WMAY were participating in the SOAK A HOST fundraising part...where people could pay money to throw a ball at a bullseye hoping to burst a big ol' balloon full of water of the head of a host. Needless to say, I WAS SOAKED many, many times.

When Andy Lee's time came to sit under the balloon, a wimpy little child was having problems hitting the bullseye. I, of course, being the champion of children, helped the kid by manually hitting the bullseye for him. AND I PAID AND EXTRA FIVE DOLLARS TO DO IT. (all for a good cause, of course) Andy, being the poor sport that he is, waited until my back was turned, picked up one of the industrial strength water balloons and hurled it at the back of my head.

Now, the freakish part is that the balloon DID NOT break. And even more freakish? It rendered me unconscious for about 2 seconds and I hit the ground. It took a few minutes for me to regain my composure, and all was well with the world following that moment.

I did contemplate filing assault charges against him; however, I have decided against that action.

Carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home