Wednesday, September 14, 2005

MAYBE I'M JUST A LITTLE HOMESICK

I can't explain it. Maybe it's the changing in the season. Maybe it's that I'm getting older. Maybe it's that I realize how much my life has changed since I moved to Springfield... but I find myself a little depressed. Okay, I find myself VERY depressed. I have been for a few weeks now. Can't really put my finger on it, really.

For years and years and years this particular week was always an important one to me. It was the week of the National Quartet Convention.

Okay, don't laugh.

Now, I'm not talking about the barbershop quartets, I'm talking about gospel quartets like the Oak Ridge Boys and J. D Sumner and the Stamps Quartet. Yep, they have a yearly convention. And over the years it's progressed to include other gospel artists that were not quartets.

I lived for the National Quartet Convention. (and again, don't laugh. Talk to artists like Axl Rose and the like and they'll tell you they used to loooooove the NQC. His big dream was to perform on the stage of the NQC...)

So, it's going on this week, and I'm not there.

Oh well.

In the meantime, I've gained weight since I moved to Springfield and I drink a little too much.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!! I love my job and I love all of you wonderful people of the capitol city... I think I'll join Fit Club tomorrow and get back to the weight you see in the picture to your left.

But first, I'll finish this bowl of ice cream and drink this wonderful cosmopolitan. -- Nite nite