THE PRESIDENTIAL MIDDLE FINGER
GO W GO!!
So, it's the first day of the congressional recess and what does President Bush do? Exactly what he said he would do...appoint John Bolton as U-S ambassador to the UN. For five months Bolton's appointment has been blocked in Congress, so the President decides, THE HECK WITH YOU GUYS... I'LL DO IT MYSELF.
I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!
But I do have to ask the question. Will this now cause problems with the senate confirmation hearings for John Roberts? I mean, the Democrats don't like to be ignored. (insert Glenn Close audio from Fatal Attraction here -- I WILL NOT BE IGNORED, DAN)
So, it's the first day of the congressional recess and what does President Bush do? Exactly what he said he would do...appoint John Bolton as U-S ambassador to the UN. For five months Bolton's appointment has been blocked in Congress, so the President decides, THE HECK WITH YOU GUYS... I'LL DO IT MYSELF.
I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!
But I do have to ask the question. Will this now cause problems with the senate confirmation hearings for John Roberts? I mean, the Democrats don't like to be ignored. (insert Glenn Close audio from Fatal Attraction here -- I WILL NOT BE IGNORED, DAN)


2 Comments:
I had a blog entry that I had written, several months ago (I think when the Spring semester was still in session at UIS), with my thoughts on Bolton... From a traditionalist conservative perspective, I had mixed feelings about this issue.
When I wrote that entry draft on the Bolton nomination, it was around the time that I was starting the guest bloggers at my site (I was busy, with course work and other stuff). I was thinking that perhaps before I could publish that post, the vote to confirm Bolton may already have taken place. The Dems (and a few Republicans) prevented that from happening, but now he's in there; when there's so much going on - both in your life, and in the world - it can be quite frustrating to keep up with it all, weblog-wise. I really need to clear that backlog... If only we had more time in a day.
That's what happens when you work full-time. Another thing that happens is that you feel like turning on the radio, to make the day go by faster in the office. I just started listening to talk radio the other week (after not having been regularly doing it for quite a long time). I don't know why exactly, but I speculated in a comment I just posted at Mike Wilson's blog, why I switched the dial from 1240 to 970. I think that it was this week that was the first time that I tuned in to your station in the morning. I think it may have been Monday; the first of your programs that I remember listening to was about the arrest of that woman who, uh...
Anyway, I wish I had more time to participate in your guys' discussions. Maybe I will in the future. Keep up the great work on the air!!
Most frightening about Bolton was his attempt to intimidate a CIA analyst into cooking intelligence so it would match what Bolton had planned to say in a speech.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home