ON THE AIR IN CHICAGO
Okay - everybody. Get your prayer cloths out! I'm on the air tomorrow with a BIG OL' ATHEIST.
Yes, it's true.. the Atheist vs the Christian. The left winger vs the right winger.
Rob Sherman, the Atheist father who's suing somebody (he's not sure who yet) for the "moment of silence" law that's been passed in Illinois... saying that it's damaging his daughter's education because there's a possibility that a student might pray silently in class.
This should be fun.
Now, we'll see if he shows me the same respect that I showed him when he was on my show last week. I'm supposed to be on for the entire hour, so I'm going to "study up" on all the craziness he spouts... so I can counter intelligently and respectfully. I'll also try to use my southern charm to disarm him! (actually, truth be told - he seems like a nice guy. Full of boloney, but a nice guy.)
WJJG is the station.. it's a small station in Chicago, but there are some movers and shakers that listen. I'm on at 7am.
I'm fasting and praying tonight.. ;>)
Yes, it's true.. the Atheist vs the Christian. The left winger vs the right winger.
Rob Sherman, the Atheist father who's suing somebody (he's not sure who yet) for the "moment of silence" law that's been passed in Illinois... saying that it's damaging his daughter's education because there's a possibility that a student might pray silently in class.
This should be fun.
Now, we'll see if he shows me the same respect that I showed him when he was on my show last week. I'm supposed to be on for the entire hour, so I'm going to "study up" on all the craziness he spouts... so I can counter intelligently and respectfully. I'll also try to use my southern charm to disarm him! (actually, truth be told - he seems like a nice guy. Full of boloney, but a nice guy.)
WJJG is the station.. it's a small station in Chicago, but there are some movers and shakers that listen. I'm on at 7am.
I'm fasting and praying tonight.. ;>)

7 Comments:
Why does he have to be spouting craziness? His views as an atheist are no more provable than yours as a believer, but because you believe them makes them valid?
I listen to your show, enjoy it often, but it is your ignorance and intolerance when it comes to religion that is so annoying and makes me change the channel. Great, you have a belief. That gives you no right to judge others because they don't share your belief. Not very Christian like...then again, most Christians don't practice what they preach....
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thank you for listening to the show! I wish you would really HEAR me, though. I don't have a problem with Mr. Sherman's belief or non-belief in God. His "craziness" that I'm referring to are the so-called legal arguements regarding the separation of Church and State.. and the craziness he's arguing regarding the "Moment of Silence" in schools. It's his choice not to be believe in God. I don't judge him for it, and you've never heard me on the air judge him or anyone else who doesn't believe the way that I do. NEVER.
You have assumed that I have because obviously you have encountered judgemental Christians. We're not all judgemental.. just like not all African American's are gang-bangers.
Oh - and what ignorance are you referring to when it comes to religion? I've studied religions my entire life. Again, just because you believe differently, doesn't mean what I believe is "ignorant."
Apparently a judge didn't find what he was spouting as crazy....
Take a look at the sj-r boards they are very busy. Hope to hear this story on your show this afternoon!
Thank anon - but I talked about this yesterday when the story broke. Doubt I'll bring it up again...but keep in mind. It's not a done deal. There's more to come in December. Plus other states' "moment of silence" bills have held up in a higher court. Keep that in mind!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home