Sunday, November 04, 2007

EAT, PRAY, LOVE

Have you read this book yet? I started reading it two weeks ago... in fact, my friend Tracy and I are reading it together and meeting for drinks once a week specifically to dicuss it.

I found myself reading more than the assigned chapters tonight (don't tell Tracy).

Elizabeth Gilbert is an incredible writer!

Although I can't identify with being stuck in a marriage that you don't want to be in, I can identify with the emotions she describes SO well. I'm blown away by her encounter with God. I think I take for granted the fact that I've always known God. I was all of five years old when I began to "feel" Him.. when I began to "believe" in Him.

Now, I hope what I'm saying here doesn't discourage you from picking up the book. Elizabeth isn't some crazy right-wing nut case. FAR FROM IT. The book is about her year-long journey discovering who she really was... it was God who inspired her to do so.

I'm envious.

Sometimes I know exactly who I am.. and then there are days (weeks, even months) that I don't recognize myself at all. Ever been there?

That's life, I guess. The journey of life. I described it in an earlier blog in October as a roller coaster ride. Sometimes you LOVE the thrill, and sometimes you want to get off. (and not in a good way).

I'm loving the book. That is all. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home