MY TURN TO BUSH BASH
Okay - mark it down. ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BASH PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH.
Isn't what's happening in New Orleans, and other places, the first test of our nation's Homeland Security since 9-11?
Wouldn't you say that our nation's Homeland Security dropping the ball here? I've been doing some studying on this. Where are the "tent cities" that the army is well-known for? These "tent cities" have air conditioning, medical equipment, toilets, water, etc. These "tent cities" were available for all of the Cuban refugees that flooded our country in the early 80's. Where are they for Americans? Surely there are places to set these up outside of the destruction that's not 9 hours away. (Houston the nearest dry place for refugees?)
Why is the Pentegon just now sending troops to get things under control? I agree that it's a state's job to deploy it's National Guard, but WTF? Why has it been taking so long? And if the Governor can't get the job done, isn't that when the Feds need to step in?
My heart is breaking right now. To look at the faces of the desperate, the hungry, the angry AMERICAN CITIZENS is devestating. How can we continue to let these people suffer?
HOMELAND SECURITY? Bull-shit. Feel more secure after 9-11? First test - GOVERNMENT GETS A GREAT BIG "F".
Isn't what's happening in New Orleans, and other places, the first test of our nation's Homeland Security since 9-11?
Wouldn't you say that our nation's Homeland Security dropping the ball here? I've been doing some studying on this. Where are the "tent cities" that the army is well-known for? These "tent cities" have air conditioning, medical equipment, toilets, water, etc. These "tent cities" were available for all of the Cuban refugees that flooded our country in the early 80's. Where are they for Americans? Surely there are places to set these up outside of the destruction that's not 9 hours away. (Houston the nearest dry place for refugees?)
Why is the Pentegon just now sending troops to get things under control? I agree that it's a state's job to deploy it's National Guard, but WTF? Why has it been taking so long? And if the Governor can't get the job done, isn't that when the Feds need to step in?
My heart is breaking right now. To look at the faces of the desperate, the hungry, the angry AMERICAN CITIZENS is devestating. How can we continue to let these people suffer?
HOMELAND SECURITY? Bull-shit. Feel more secure after 9-11? First test - GOVERNMENT GETS A GREAT BIG "F".

7 Comments:
My wife and I caught your show this morning on the way to work for the first time. We loved your heartfelt emotion, anger, and frustration that you expressed in discussing the situation in New Orleans. I totally agree with your take on the failure of everyone in charge (local and state government and homeland un-security) to respond to this disaster. It's unreal that we are in our 4th day after this thing hit and some people are dying of starvation and dehydration. It's actually unacceptable. Everyone at the top levels of Louisiana government should be held accountable for their lack of leadership. And some blame should go to the Federal level for not realizing what a chaotic situation it was from day one. I'm a Republican, but the lack of leadership shown by Bush in all of this is really disappointing.
Keep up the good work. You just gained two listeners today.
bush is far tooo busy buddying up to country music star Mark Willis, who gave him a new "geetar" to be concerned about New Orleans.
Oh, wait...Bush did fly over New Orleans to survey the damage. At least he is doing something. Maybe he is reading My Pet Goat right now to ease his beleagured mind.
Pamela,
First of all I would like to comment you on actually being willing to hold Bush accountable. Unlike many of the righ wingers I have been seeing posting on other blogs you are stepping up to the plate and seeing reality. I applaud that.
With that said I must say that I agree with you 100% it is a crying shame that we can't help our own people as much as we do people from around the world. I think that it is great that we help other countries, but we need to do it for our own damnit.
apatriotlegion.blogspot.com
Severus,
How dare you ask who we would blame, of course it would be the victims! They should have known better than to live in an area that could be attacked by terrorist. That is unless it is a democrat in power in which case it is all his fault. This is the basic mindset of most conservatives at the time. Although once again I must applaud Pamela for stepping up to the plate and not drinking the koolaid.
apatriotlegion.blogspot.com
smf said...
This way of thinking is actually present on both sides of the isle in the Democrat and Republican politcal sides.
I totally agree and I also agree that the country would be much better off if we could at least attempt to see the other side of teh issue. Maybe one day.
apatriotlegion.blogspot.com
Great show. You sound so sexy on the radio. Are you married?
Actually I am not so suprised that Furr broke party lines. I have heard her do so on many occasions on the radio (okay not many but enough to know she thinks for herself at least most of the time.)
It is not so much that it is suprising, it is just a breath of fresh air in a blogospere that is currently clogged with conservatives who refuse to face any facts and defend Bush without merit or proof.
apatriotlegion.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home