OPRAH'S "CRASH" MOMENT
After seeing the movie, I couldn't help but walk away with the notion that whether I like it or not, we're all racists to a certain degree.
Oprah says she had a "crash" moment a week ago in Paris when she was turned away from a department store. This from the newindpress.com site:
LOS ANGELES: Talk show host Oprah Winfrey has sworn never to return to any Hermes' store after being turned away from its Paris outlet. Winfrey has also called up the president of Hermes in America to notify him on her decision to never to shop there again, reports Internet Movie Database. This was in response to an apology offered by the store's management earlier this week after Winfrey was refused entry to the luxury store June 14. Winfrey had gone there to shop for her singer friend Tina Turner. The shop was supposedly for a public relations meting.
Oprah's close friend, Gayle King, who was present at the time said: "People were in the store and they were shopping. Oprah was at the door and she was not allowed into the store... It was one of the most humiliating moments of her life."
She said Winfrey was upset at the weak apology offered by Hermes because "it implies that nothing offensive happened".
Now, I'm going to give Oprah the benefit of the doubt here because she's, well, OPRAH. But I have to wonder if perhaps Oprah was just being treated like any other person who shows up at a department store when they've closed their doors for the night. "Sorry, we're closed."
Hermes' says that the store was indeed closed and they were setting up for a private party. That's why they did not allow Oprah and crew in the door when she "dropped by" after business hours.
Oprah and her production team plan to make a show out of this experience that will air in the fall. And I'm willing to cast my final opinion after I hear what she says happened to her. HOWEVER, my initial response is - OPRAH, GET OVER YOURSELF. SOMETIMES PEOPLE AREN'T IMPRESSED WITH YOUR CELEBRITY. (I am, of course, and I will never, ever stop watching your show!! Can I get a free car?)

1 Comments:
oprah's a pompous brat. i posted about her
visit me blog
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home